What are the Purium 10 Day Transformation Flex Foods and why should you care?
When you are embarking on a 10 day transformation into your new lifestyle that includes whole, real and nutritious food choices you need to plan ahead for success. While you will be getting a brochure that goes over the details of the transformation and how to get set up and what you can eat, I thought I’d share some out of the box ideas with you.
Purium 10 Day Transformation Flex Foods – Salads:
Salads and by that I mean combinations of lettuces are a great flex food. They provide bulk and give you something to do with a fork for awhile. Pick the best looking combinations of baby lettuce greens you can find at the store. Pull from the back of the stack as most grocers move the oldest stuff to the front to get it sold.
Now if you are like me, dressing is going to be the next issue, and quite frankly this is where most people run into trouble. The lettuce itself has almost no calories, it is just pure nutrition, but once you whip out that ranch dressing, or even Italian dressing from the store…you sunk. Here are three types of dressing you can make that perk up your taste buds but don’t have the “bad” stuff in them:
Purium 10 Day Transformation Flex Foods Dressing Ideas
Don’t worry about the Eat More Weigh Less Guide, though if you really want it, you can get it here. I’m simply including the video because the dressing recipes are good and kind of different. And a person is more likely to eat well if the food tastes good, right?
Raw Fruits and Veggies:
During the transformation it is better to stick with raw and fresh when it comes to fruits and vegetables. Look for the stuff in season. It will be less expensive and better quality. I once read French Women Don’t Get Fat. Great book, the three take a ways were:
- A recipe for Leek Soup (so good)
- Walk more, drive less
- Eat in season – and savor the food
When it comes to actually eating one should enjoy their food. If you are eating an apple or 1/2 an avocado savor your bites. Roll the food around your tongue, inhale as you take a bite. You will be amazed at how full you will feel after much less food if you learn to play with your food and savor it as you eat it.
I like to make no rice veggie rolls as Purium 10 Day Transformation flex foods.
Here is the way I do it:
- I take a Nori sheet (seaweed for making sushi) cut it into 5 strips. (this will make 5 rolls)
- Cut up a carrot into julienne strips (long thin as you can make them and then cut them to the same width as your Nori strips.
- Cut some chunks of avocado to fit and a pinch of alfalfa sprouts.
- Sprinkle rice wine vinegar on the alfalfa sprouts. And you could add a few sesame seeds to this too
- Roll all of the ingredients into the Nori Strips. Stand them up and enjoy:
That is a piece of cantaloupe and some pickled ginger to round out the meal.
This is the recipe for Magical Leek Soup From the French Women Don’t Get Fat Book:
Recipe for Magical Leek Soup
Serves one for the weekend
2 lbs. leeks
Water to cover in a large pot
1. Clean leeks and rinse well to get rid of sand and soil. Cut end of green parts leaving all the white parts plus a suggestion of green. (Reserve the extra greens for soup stock.)
2. Put leeks in large pot and cover with water. Bring to boil and simmer with no lid for 20-30 minutes. Pour off the liquid and reserve. Place the leeks in a bowl.
The juice is to be drunk (reheated or room temperature to taste) every 2-3 hours, a cup at a time.
For meals or whenever hungry, have some of the leeks themselves, ½ cup at a time. Drizzle with a few drops of extra-virgin olive oil and lemon juice. Season sparingly with salt and pepper. Add chopped parsley if you wish.
Mimosa Soup Recipe
1 head of lettuce
½ lb. carrots
½ lb. celeriac
½ lb. turnips
½ lb. cauliflower
1 lb. leeks
2 hard boiled eggs chopped
½ cup chopped parsley
Water to cover in a large pot
1. Clean and chop all ingredients in rough pieces and, except for the cauliflower and parsley, put them a pot. Cover with water, bring to boil and simmer unlidded for 40 minutes. Add the cauliflower and cook for another 15 minutes.
2. Pass all the contents through a food mill.
3. Serve in a bowl and add more parsley and pieces of chopped boiled eggs.
Eat a cup every three hours (room temperature or reheated) or so all day Saturday and Sunday until the same Sunday dinner of fish or meat, 2 steamed vegetables with a dash of butter or olive oil and 1 piece of fruit. Somewhat less liquidy and magical than the leek soup it nevertheless is an effective and tasty alternative.
When it comes to Purium 10 day transformation flex foods the things you want to avoid are meat (of all kinds), dairy, rice, potatoes, wheat and sugar. For the most part if it is white you probably aren’t going to be choosing that particular food for the next 10 days. If it is processed, just say no.
At the end of 10 days you will be amazed at how good an apple or a few berries tastes, how sweet they are. We wish you much success on your transformation journey. Don’t forget to grab your gift card for $50 off your transformation. As always if you have questions please contact us on Facebook or via email or even pick up the phone and call.